Princess Cruises has revealed that the 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess is the first ship in its fleet to have full OceanMedallion access. All guests on the vessel are now using the wearable device, which offers a more personalised cruise experience.
The OceanMedallion is the same size as a 10p piece, is fully automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function. Its features include:
- A streamlined ship embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier entry and exit
- Keyless stateroom access
- Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and accordingly offer a more personalised service
- OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and children
- Access for guests to a real-time look at their itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
- Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel including trivia challenges and a shipwide digital scavenger hunt
- A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
Caribbean Princess now also features MedallionNet, which gives guests faster internet streaming speeds equivalent to those on land.
The ship is based in the Caribbean all year round.
Having 100 percent of our guests using OceanMedallion on every sailing of Caribbean Princess is a significant milestone that we are celebrating on the path to fleet-wide implementation. Our guests tell us that OceanMedallion is turning an already extraordinary experience on Princess Cruises into an even more spectacular holiday, making sailing on Caribbean Princess the ultimate Caribbean cruise – Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises.
OceanMedallion was first unveiled by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald in 2017. It will continue to roll out as part of a phased fleet-wide activation plan with further announcements to be made in due course.
A seven-day ‘Eastern Caribbean Explorers’ roundtrip cruise on Caribbean Princess sets sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on February 9, 2019. Ports of call include the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and the Turks & Caicos Islands. Prices from £649 per person.*
To book visit www.princess.com, call 0344 338 8663 or contact your local travel agent.
Below are some related articles from our Blog: